Clinic and Health Care
St. Mary’s Catholic High School – Muhaisnah is a health-promoting school in Dubai that constantly strengthens its capacity as a healthy setting for living, learning and working.
The school clinic functions as a primary health care facility and strives to provide the holistic and highest level of quality health care services to every student and staff with dignity and respect they deserve. It is managed by qualified and well-trained medical staff governed by the Dubai Health Authority’s School Health Regulation Unit.
SMM clinic is located at the ground floor behind the reception of the main building and is open from Sunday to Thursday between 7:00 am – 3:00 pm or beyond during the special school events.
In line with the mission of SMM, the school clinic aims to render high-quality health care services and wellness programs for all the students to assure that their health is at the optimum status for learning. It also provides health services to its faculty and staff to be able to deliver effective educational services to the student body.
Every student in St. Mary’s Catholic High School – Muhaisnah will be healthy and safe while achieving academic success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to the Dubai Health Authority’s School Health Unit Regulations
- Implements policies and health care services that respect an individual’s wellbeing and dignit
- Promotes health and wellness to all the students and staff through health education and counseling
- Provides treatment and management of minor illnesses and injuries including appropriate medication as necessary
- Provides health care plans for students with an existing medical condition (chronic diseases) as per DHA’s school health regulations
- Performs routine Medical Examination and Screenings for all students (Head-to-toe assessment, height, and weight taking and vision screening)
- Continuous assessment, care planning, and ongoing evaluation of students to identify specific health problems which may be deterrent to student’s educational performance in school
- Administers Immunization
- Reviews and updates each student’s immunization record (identification of students due for vaccines, doing follow-ups to students not complying through letters, phone calls, and google classroom reminders)
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases through monitoring of immunization status, early detection, prevention, surveillance, reporting and referrals
- Communicates and collaborates with parents, staff and SEND as appropriate
- Maintains medical health records for all the students and staff, and do necessary updates on their health files
- Documents all the necessary cases (daily census, accidents, behavioral issues, and incident reports) to maintain adequate records of services rendered and to assist in referrals and follow-up
- Submits reports to the SMM’s School Director and Nurse Supervisors of DHA as scheduled
- Identifies and eliminates hazards to the health and safety of students and staff in coordination with other school departments