Please see our current vacancies below. If you wish to apply, please forward your updated cv and a covering letter about what you can offer to our school and why you would like to work here at SMM to [email protected] | [email protected]
Many thanks for your interest in a career with us here at St Mary’s, the following vacancies are now available for teachers in:
Please submit your cv with at least two references.
SMM has successfully begun IGCSE with our first cohort graduating this June. We are recruiting for teachers of the following IGCSE subjects for August 2022. We are introducing A levels in September 2023 and are therefore particularly keen to receive applications from teachers with experience in both IGCSE/GCSE and A levels; teachers with the desire to lead the introduction of A level in their subject.
There is the opportunity for an experienced A level teacher to take on a leadership role in the planning and introduction of A levels and the ongoing leadership of the IGCSE and A levels programmes.
We are looking for teachers who can not only bring expertise and experience to the school but future colleagues who are learning-centred and student-focused; colleagues who can inspire, challenge, support and develop our wonderful student body; and colleagues who are committed to collaboration and teaming within our outstanding staff.
- Bachelor or MA Degree in the subject specialization.
- Teaching Qualification preferably Bachelor of Education.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a UK curriculum school in Dubai or UAE school.
- Must have an experience of teaching IGCSE or GCSE and a desire to teach A Level in the required subject (preference will be given to candidates with significant experience teaching IGCSE /GCSE and a commitment to transition to A level).
The teacher is primarily responsible for classroom management, enrichment of the classroom environment, the delivery of effective instruction to students, and the development and implementation of co-curricular activities designed to supplement learning processes and integral student development.
A teacher’s effectiveness has a powerful impact on students, and that teacher quality is the single most important factor influencing student achievement. An effective teacher can be a source of inspiration and provide a dependable and consistent influence on the students as they make choices about further education, work, and life. Thus, the teacher assists students to grow in knowledge, skills, wisdom, and character to become active, contributive members of society.
- Bachelor or MA Degree in the subject specialisation
- Teaching Qualification preferably Bachelor in Education
- 2-3 years experience in a Dubai or UAE school
Must have UK curriculum experience.