10 Tips for Wellness during Social Distancing
- Listen to podcasts to enhance your learning. We especially enjoyed the Ted Talks Daily episode How to turn climate anxiety into action. Who knows, maybe it will inspire your next service project.
- Participate in free online workout and yoga classes to stay fit – both physically and mentally. Barry’s Bootcamp and Shona Vertue are two of many offering home workouts right now.
- Anxiety grows in times like these. Use a meditation app, such as Headspace, Breathr or Smiling Mind, to take care of your mind, body and soul.
- Test and enhance your second language skills on Babbel or Duolingo.
- Maintain your routine. Follow your original class schedule to stay in the learning flow.
- Call your grandparents – they always appreciate it. Even more so in times like these.
- Start a digital book club with your English class and stay on top of the reading list. You could use Skype or Zoom to meet and discuss the most recent page-turner.
- Use YouTube to learn a new hobby – whether that’s DJing or baking with Georgia is totally up to you!
- Spend time researching where you might want to go to university, or how you want to plan your gap year to truly make a difference.
- Party on the weekend. Many musicians and DJs are live streaming their concerts on YouTube, Instagram and other platforms. Check out Bandsintown Live for inspiration, hook up your best speakers, dim the bedroom lights and party like no one is watching. Because no one is 🙂
Should you require more ideas or specific subject learning resources, simply contact us. Our team of teaching experts are here to help!